My Photo
Name:
Location: Commerce, MI, United States

I'm 26, married and a father to a precious baby boy! I presently am attending Bible College, working retail, interning in my churches youth group and seeking God's face through every action I say and do.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Narrow focus.

I haven't had a lot of time to write this week... figured I should take a few minutes this morning.

Because I'm not getting on here enough by the time I write my head is flush with a million and one ideas... and its difficult to decipher between what I want to write and what I should write about. So I guess I'll attempt to take a stab at things...

I've been on vacation this week, and it's going by very quickly. Things started a little on edge though with having to go to the hospital on Sunday evening. Tina thought that she might had been leaking ambiotic fluid and so we went into the hospital to get things looked at. What we thought should had been a 30 minute issue became something that lasted from 6pm to nearly 10. She was hooked up to all sorts of monitors, an IV and a doppler was attached to Judah the entire time. To say the least everything was fairly nerve wrecking... this was of course capped off by the news we received. First, you are not leaking ambiotic fluid. Second, you have been showing contractions that are labor contractions. Which of course took both of us by surprise as Tina was only 32 1/2 weeks. They said they wanted to take another test, and that this test would be able to test positively if it were possible for her to go into early labor. If it tested negatively then there is literally a zero chance of going before full-term if she tested positively though there would be a good chance (about 30%) that she would deliver in the next week or two.

The Doctor came back and told us that the test showed a positive result. But that Tina's cervix was still long and closed and didn't show any signs of early labor. So he gave us one of two options, either one being that we can take steroids right away that would help develop Judah's lungs in case he came early or just continue to monitor the situation as time progressed and then if and when he came early we could take the steroid shots. We opted for the latter and went home. The last few days have been up and down affairs as we have closely monitored Tina's progress, I would suggest that things have been peaceful at times and wildly stressful as well. It's already Wednesday and things have felt like a blur. Today I meet with Pastor Dave in the AM and then tonight we have youth group. Thursday presents the start of a new class, Friday is an appointment with the mid-wife followed by Saturday which is the baby shower.

I could write for hours on a variety of topics, and perhaps I'll write a little later on some of these subjects. But I guess I just felt that what I wrote above was the most immediate and overwhelming situation at the time and I wanted to mention it here. I would just ask those that read these blogs... please if you can, take the time to pray for Tina, Judah and I. We believe that Judah will wait to come for at least another 3 weeks. 3 weeks would bring him to "full-term" status and would alleviate a lot of the issues that typically come with having a baby prior to full-term. If you know us at all then you know that we believe very much in a natural pregnancy, and this is really at the heart of my wife who has been going this whole time without extra testing and through natural means. This has been a pretty big issue as we only want to do what's best for Judah ultimately. So please if your willing and able I would appreciate a prayer regarding a healthy, strong, vital little baby, and peace, joy, wisdom and patience over his parents.

Thank you and God Bless.
- Lance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home