My Photo
Name:
Location: Commerce, MI, United States

I'm 26, married and a father to a precious baby boy! I presently am attending Bible College, working retail, interning in my churches youth group and seeking God's face through every action I say and do.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

We Sat and Watched Cities Burn

I have a few minutes to write... so I figured I would share a few thoughts here.

Been studying, and reading quite a bit more. Just finished a thorough reading of the book of Romans which is always a treat to read and serves as the outline for the basis of our Christian faith. Now I'm onto reading 1 Corinthians and about to finish it up this morning- prior to this I hung out a bit in the OT and read the Pastoral epistles in the NT.

Side note I think I drink too much coffee.

I missed not having youth group this past week but looking forward to next week. Starting vacation after I get off of work tonight. This vacation couldn't come any sooner, really I've just been so busy and riddled with frustration at work that this time off is greatly welcomed. Even though I'll mostly be on the move this vacation (Matt's wedding this weekend in GR- the following weekend gone for Tina's family reunion). These are all good things though so I more or less look forward to getting away for a bit. I'm pretty sure though that I will have to "make it up" at work upon coming back. I already foresee having to work complete weekends (Fri-Sat-Sun) upon coming back. That's how it's done in my business... you take off work for a little while and it comes back to bite you. It wouldn't be a huge issue if it wasn't for the fact that I'm already going to miss 2 weeks of going to church and now I'll potentially have to miss more services. For some going to church actually matters beyond a manufactured routine.

I'm always willing to wait on God... I'm just so excited and I'll admit sometimes even impatient with waiting for the ministry. (Who doesn't look forward to doing what they were called to do with their life?) Just need to pray, stay patient and hold fast hope.

It's weird sometimes I go through these phases where I feel drawn to being creative- this typically manifests itself into wanting to create/write a book, comic book, TV show... etc. I just have to sit on some of the idea's rushing through my head for a bit longer- I can only handle one thing at a time. It's never good to spread yourself across too many platforms. Besides I'm having too much fun working through scripture and writing here from time to time.

Well that's it for now... have to shower and get ready for work.

Be in His Love and Go in Peace.

- Lance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home