My Photo
Name:
Location: Commerce, MI, United States

I'm 26, married and a father to a precious baby boy! I presently am attending Bible College, working retail, interning in my churches youth group and seeking God's face through every action I say and do.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Something a bit different...

Not the usual sort of post from me...

Detroit Redwings 2009-2010

I could go on and on about my feelings towards the Finals, towards the agenda of the NHL and the what-if's (If Datsyuk and Lidstrom were healthy- not to mention Cleary, Holmstrom and Rafalski) Oh and if Hossa actually showed up... but we'll stay away from talking about that (for now).

So Hossa is gone to Chicago, Kopecky gone to Chicago, Samuelsson to Vancouver, Hudler to the (possibly to) KHL Russian league, McCarty and Downey gone (to the Beer league most likely) Conklin to St. Louis (where we send all of our goaltenders ie Osgood, Legace... oh and we took Joseph from Toronto but he was originally with the Blues) Chelio's well... to wherever.

So this is a different team... don't say it isn't because it totally is. These Wings are older and yet younger... lol

-Draper, Maltby, Lidstrom, Rafalski, Osgood and Holmstrom are all older and that may play a factor.

Yet we'll no doubt bring up to the team... Leino, Helm, Abdelkader, Ericsson, Howard, and possibly and I mean possibly Kindl (one can only hope)

I'm also interested in McCollum and Ryno (that Swedish freak of a 6'5" player) although they say Ryno is lean and well... I guess just lean. So hopefully he adapts more of a bite to his play. I've always liked Kindl because I feel like he's a poor man's Lidstrom (which isn't a bad thing when you are talking about Lidstrom)

I fully expect that Filpulla will have a break through season after a lack luster one last year, Leino will come up and be an animal (crossing my fingers with this one) and Ericcson will only get better, oh and Kronwall will have a killer season. Howard will be better than most believe he's going to be but will show at times some confidence issues. The Wings for a number of years have said that Howard will be there guy and I have for a long time wanted him to atleast be given the chance and this is it. With the added pressure of McCollum and Larson (sp? don't have time to check) between the posts of their Griffins and Sweden affiliates. Howard will have to perform or be shipped quicker than Fed Ex over-night.

People keep talking about the loss of scoring with all the "exits" that have happened and they also have been saying if only the Wings had a "fighter" they would have been able to beat Pitts in seven. I suggest that if they were healthy, didn't have a lop-sided league against them and would have had scoring from those that left us we would be staring at repeat champs. So let No-Hossa take off (even though it drives me nuts that he went to a division rival- hey look at it this way at least when we play against Chicago next year he won't be a factor... right?)

Hudler has now messed us up not just once, but twice. Once by suggesting that he was going to go play for Russia and the second time because he agreed to arbitration which has the NHL and KHL in a battle for his rights and now Holland is stuck with money that is locked up against a guy that doesn't apparently want to be here. So Holland can't sign anyone and when the NHL loses out on the Hudler issue- so will Holland and so will the Wings. SWEET.

I'm actually quite tired of seeing all these "average" Joe's coming through here and apparently thinking that they are superstars and it's all due to the cast that's around them. Martin Cough cough Lapointe. To some degree Mr. Fedorov as well... and now Hudler goes the same way. Let the little dude go, and we'll see just how ready Landon Ferraro is.

Ultimately I'd like to see the Wings pick up a 18-25 goal scorer to replace Hudler- I'm not worried about the loss of Hossa since we won the Cup two years ago without him. So that's that... looking forward to this fall and thankful that I didn't invest money into a Hossa jersey.

Whew!

- Lance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home