My Photo
Name:
Location: Commerce, MI, United States

I'm 26, married and a father to a precious baby boy! I presently am attending Bible College, working retail, interning in my churches youth group and seeking God's face through every action I say and do.

Friday, July 17, 2009

10 minute blog- GO!

Everything has been going pretty well. Well let me rephrase that everything has been going very well. I'm busy, busy, busy and would like to in the future put together a video blog which would require a digital video camera, some editing software and a host site. I just think at this point in my life that a video site would allow for more blog time rather than attempting to sit down and write about the happenings of life. So we'll see...

Baby Judah has been growing so incredibly. We're really so blessed with this baby and I can't wait to meet him. Time is surely flying by and I just pray that everything goes well with the glucose test today for Tina and Judah. The next couple weeks will fly by due to being off of work, going to my brothers wedding in Grand Rapids and following that up with going up north for a family reunion. These youth gatherings have been really good so far, still seeking my own style and voice... I'm happy that I'm working with a group that understands that and what we're really doing isn't manufactured church but living and breathing and authentic (or so that is always the attempt) I kind of dragged on for a little while the other day (roughly 30 minutes) I try to keep things to 15-20 minutes. Yet sometimes a particular message calls for a longer period of time and if I feel that I'm being moved by the Spirit- well then I'm in no way going to hush Him up. I hope that these kids have gotten something out of this so far... I know that I have.

Sometimes I want to get the "whole story" out there and I just have to keep reminding myself that these get togethers are not a one time affair- yet I also that it's the passion in me for the Gospel that makes me this way. I have for a number of years felt that this is what I'm supposed to do and haven't been able to. (well not in the context of in front of a class or church body) I feel that I'm at the end of season in my life and I often think that it has to do with work (who am I kidding it totally has to do with work) yet I also am wondering if that just means the end of my present job and that I need to seek outside that job for a similar job until the ministry position opens up or if that means that I will be in a ministry position soon... oh I don't know.

I just know that I'm incredibly tense every time I go to work and often I feel like I'm suffocating due to the pressure. Secondly I also know that I'm built for something else and when I'm doing it (these youth gatherings) I feel so alive and it's a feeling that I can't explain. So I would just ask that anybody and everybody who reads these blogs... well please pray for me, for us (Tina, baby and myself) because I always want to follow God's Will and I'm really just trying to confirm what that means for us right now. I would hate to start out at a similar job, to relearn everything only to have to quit after only a short while there.

I'll end here... because I really must go clean up cat poo and get ready for work... I also need sometime for prayer.
Sorry for any grammar issues, no time to reread or go over.

Be in His Love and Go in Peace.
- Lance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home